Important Notice: Document Upload Requirement
In order for your Permit to Carry application to be processed, you must provide:
- A valid form of identification - Government issued photo ID (e.g. IA Drivers License / State ID). The address on your application must match the address on your identification.
- Training documentation (list of training document types are below)
Please have the required documentation ready to upload to the application. You can scan or take pictures of your documentation. The ID must be in color. You can upload the following formats: JPEG, PNG, PDF, TIFF, BMP. Maximum file size is 5MB.
Important As required by the State of Iowa, you must provide training documentation to receive a Permit to Carry. Your permit application will not be processed and issued if this information is not provided. You can upload these documents when submitting your application.
If applying for to RENEW your permit, you must upload the identification. No additional training is needed. You just need to provide proof of exisiting permit.
Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the gun is to be used. This online application is for residents of Sioux County, Iowa only.
Please note the following information:
- Permits to Carry are submitted to the Sioux County Sheriff's Office.
- The application fees are listed in the requirements section below.
- All communication regarding the status of your application, including the approval of your application, will be sent via the email address provided on the application.
- The Permit to Carry is valid for five years from the date of issue.
- Permit to Carry applications may be completed online 24 / 7 and will be processed on normal business days.
- A computer kiosk is available should you wish to apply in person at Public Safety Center, 4363 Ironwood Ave Ste 1, Orange City, IA 51041 (Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM).
- Read the requirements below and click either the New, Renew or Duplicate Permit to Carry Icon
Please note that this website has been certifed to work using the following browsers: IE 9 or higher, Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
Permit to Carry Information